- The Manuscript Evaluation Service is not a substantive or copy editing service.
- Use of our Manuscript Evaluation Service will not guarantee publication.
You will receive commentary on the following (as applicable to the manuscript):
- Content: dialogue, setting, believability
- Suggestions to develop the manuscript
- Overall summary of work
- Response to three questions asked of the manuscript by the writer.
- We require your manuscript as both a Word attachment and a hard copy.
- The hard copy version of your manuscript will not be returned unless you supply sufficient return postage.
- Submissions must be type-written, double-spaced (2.0 in Word), twelve-point size, easy-to-read font (preferably Times Roman) with one-inch margins,, printed on one side only, on white paper.
- On a separate sheet of paper include a list of three specific questions you would like the evaluator to address (optional); a brief (one or two paragraph) synopsis of your manuscript; indicate your copyright on the cover page.
- Long-hand submissions will not be accepted.
The evaluating process will take up to nine weeks, depending upon the length of the submission.